Welcome to a completely pedestrianized winter wonderland
with all hotels, shops and bars connected by snowy tracks!
650km of incredible pistes, 200 lifts, all spread over 14 valleys and 400 square miles.
For the snow hungry, Snowboxx in Avoriaz is the perfect combination.
- If you are keen to hit the first lift every day, there is plenty for you to explore. Head up early to the Floret area for some long windy runs, then work your way over to the glacier as the day gets older.
- Just want some cruisey blues? Le Col is one of the longest runs in Europe. Head up to the top of Le Pic Blanc and ski all the way down!
Portes du Soleil
For those not familiar with the Portes Du Soleil region - it is arguably the largest connected ski area in the whole world. 650km of incredible pistes, 200 lifts, all spread over 14 valleys and 400 square miles.
With a ski area spanning across France and Switzerland, Portes du Soleil has it all. From the cruisey blues of Proclou to the notorious moguls of the ‘Swiss Wall’, there is something for everyone.
What’s more, it’s all ski in, ski out. All Avoriaz accommodations are right on the piste, so ski right to the door, wherever you are staying. This is quite literally a winter wonderland.
- Our friends at the Ski Club Great Britain had this to say about the amazing variety Avoriaz offers to skiers of all levels.
- Avoriaz freestyle Avoriaz is home to France’s most varied and exciting set of freestyle parks and features. From an international-standard Superpipe to the d’Arare snowpark – one of the original parks from the 90s, via the beginner park at La Chapelle, every level of freestyler will be kept busy. Avoriaz is also home to The Stash, developed by snowboarding legend Jake Burton, which combines natural wooden features with secret trails through the Lindarets forest. No two runs through The Stash are the same so it’s more than possible to spend an entire morning lapping its rails, tree runs and powder fields.
- Avoriaz advanced skiers Perhaps one of the world’s most famous bucket-list runs, the Swiss Wall, can be found at the back end of Avoriaz. Famous for its steepness and also the size of the bumps that form from top-to-bottom, the run beneath the Chavanette chair has to be ticked off. However for steep groomed blacks and long powder runs head to the Grandes Combes chair, where numerous on and off piste options down to the Prodains gondola await. The upper section offers snowsure bowls and some fantastic tree runs can be found towards the bottom half – but be sure to head there first thing in the morning to find the best snow.
At Snowboxx, we look after every type of skier, from newbie to pro.
Click below to find out what’s on offer no matter what your ability.
For the newbies, we have you sorted from start to finish. In advance, take advantage of one of our lesson deals at your local ski centre - the Monday before Snowboxx will be the special SNOWBOXX session at ski centres across the country, where you will be able to get a quick starter or refresher lesson before your trip.
When you arrive, join in to one of the Snowboxx X ESF group lessons. Not only are our group lessons better priced than anywhere else, but also you are guaranteed to be with other Snowboxxers. You’ll finish off each day with lunch and drinks with other newbies, then can join your crew for a chilled afternoon ski together.
- Off piste clinics
- Guided ski days (lunch included)
At Snowboxx, we have something for every type of skier, from newbie to pro.
Be sure to check out our events section for the latest news on comps and park parties!
The Stash is the creative & organic snowpark invention by Burton. The Stash is a wooded tree run in the
Lindarets bowl which is scattered with natural jIbs, gaps, features and transitions.
Avoriaz is the European home of freestylers. At Snowboxx, you’ll have three parks at your fingertips,
including the inimitable Burton Stash Park, a completely natural park developed by Jake Burton himself.
The every level snow park! La Chappelle is a 500m long snow haven, designed to have a bit of something for
everyone. La Chapelle is a great place to up your game with the wide range of jumps and rails on offer.
For the more advanced we have Arare Park which boasts a selection of big and very big jumps. We recommend
maybe having a few goes on the air bag before tackling any of the big boys in the park.
Our team can arrange any of the below activities for your group.
Get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Ice diving
- Ice Skating